Adobe Analytics is becoming more popular and the people who are learning this also have increased compared to the past. So to stand apart from your peers you must be well prepared for Adobe Analytics Interview. To help beginners as well as experienced, we have collected a list of frequently asked Adobe interview questions. By the end of this blog, you will get the knowledge of Top Adobe Analytics Interview Questions and gain full confidence to clear your interview with ease.
Table Of Contents
Let’s get into the Adobe Analytics interview questions & answers part.
1) What is Adobe Analytics?
Adobe Analytics is one of the top solutions for getting real-time analytics. It allows you to gain detailed reports of your multiple marketing channels. Adobe Analytics will help you in identifying the high-value audiences and provides you with power customer intelligence to grow customer base. You can dig deeper into customer data and make unlimited levels of breakdown to your data. The main advantage that you get from using adobe analytics is you can take real-time decisions by analyzing the data.
2) What is meant by SiteCatalyst?
The SiteCatalyst was created by Omniture and later acquired by Adobe. It is a key part of Adobe Digital marketing suite and used by many organizations to guide the online teams and executives to understand the customers and to improve the conversion rates.
3) What is the primary function of an eVar?
An eVar allows you to investigate and examine the conversion events with respect to different data dimensions.
4) What is the maximum size of the s.chanel variable?
The maximum size of the s.channel is 100 bytes.
5) What is web analytics 101?
Web Analytics is an advanced methodology that collects data from different websites to analyze and to gain insights to improve marketing and production techniques. Adobe Analytics presents the data in different formats to compare and contrast the data.
6) Is there any limitation for using the maximum number of report suites by a company?
No, organizations can use an unlimited number of report suites.
7) What is Segment comparison?
The segment comparison panel is also a part of a segment IQ which helps us in discovering the exact difference between an unlimited number of segments. This segment comparison feature iterates through different dimensions and metrics. It lets you know how much a segment is overlapping.
8) Explain the use of “Calculated Metric”?
The calculated metrics are also called custom metrics which you can create from the existing metrics. Adobe calculated metrics tool offers high flexibility in building, curating and managing metrics. With the help of Calculated metric product managers, marketers, and analysts can ask questions of data without modifying your analytics implementation.
9) When to use s_account?
The S_account is used while setting the report suite.
10) Why do we need Saint APIs?
The Saint APIs are helpful for importing metadata and grouping the reporting values. It allows you to directly upload the data into SiteCatalyst and eliminates the manual process.
11) What is Multi Suite tagging in Adobe Analytics?
Transferring SiteCatalyst data to more than one report suit is treated as Multi Suite tagging.
12) Explain, how can you compare different date ranges in a report in ranked view?
To do this you need to click on the “compare dates” option presented in the calendar module.
13) What are the SiteCatalyst variables do you use to find pathing behaviour?
We use Traffic Variables (sProps) to find pathing behaviour.
14) What is the use of the Analysis Workspace?
The main advantage that we get from this Analysis Workspace is that it eliminates all the general hindrances of a single analytics report. It comes with a robust, flexible canvas for developing the analysis projects. The Drag and Drop feature allows you to load any number of tables, components, and visualizations to a project.
15) What does the acronym SAINT stand for?
The SAINT full form is SiteCatalyst Attribute Importing and Naming Tool.
16) What is the one SiteCatalyst feature that would allow you to track website performance and progress against predefined goals?
The ‘Target’ feature in adobe analytics will allow you to visually track the website progress against predefined goals.
17) How many custom eVars are there in each SiteCatalyst report suite?
Each SiteCatalyst report suite has 75 custom eVares.
18) What is DTM?
The DTM stands for Dynamic Tag Management and helps you manage your Adobe cloud and other tags across various sites, regardless of the number of sites.
19) Which value is not possible in the referrer types report?
“Mobile Apps” value is not possible in referrer types.
20) When you use link tracking, name the adobe analytics reports that get populated if the other argument is in stl() is a ‘o’ ?
The Custom Link Adobe Analytics report will be populated.
Adobe Analytics Interview Questions For Experienced
21) If you wish to have improved click map tracking, in which area should be the s_objectid variable be inserted?
To have improved click map tracking the S_objectid should be inserted in the onClick event handler link.
22) What would you use to breakdown traffic variables (scraps) by one another?
Correlations are used to breakdown variables.
23) Which method do you use to de-duplicate SiteCatalyst metrics?
The serialization method is used to de-duplicate SiteCatalyst metrics.
24) How can you share the bookmarks done by you to others?
You need to follow below simple steps to share the Bookmarks with others.
Favorites > Bookmarks > Manage Bookmarks
25) Which syntax do you use to for capturing the “booked flight” event in even1?
The syntax used is s.events=”event1.
26) What is a list prop?
List prop is a delimited list of values that are easily passed into a variable than are reported as an individual line item. In general, the list props are implemented in pages that contain user-selectable values, which include things like checkboxes, or radio buttons.
27) What is the use of page type variable?
The page type variable will help us in detecting the URLs that lead to a 404 error page.
28) Explain the major difference between participation and allocation?
The only major difference between these two is the credit assignment. The Participation allocates full credit whereas allocation does only assign partial credit.
29) Explain which syntax do you use to capture a product being added to the shopping cart?
The syntax is s.events=”scAdd” s.products=”;Adipure 11pro”
30) What is the major difference between product and conversion syntax?
The product syntax is set in the s.products variable. Whereas conversion syntax does not.
31) what is Merchandising eVar?
The Merchandising eVars lets you assign the present value of an eVAr to an item when a successful event takes place. This value is tied to the item even if new values are added for the particular eVar.A